Some patients in dental clinics like the ones in Queens http://dentalinqueens.com have to go through full mouth reconstruction when it is necessary. The full mouth reconstruction service is more like a beautification of the whole dental health, which not only addresses the teeth and how it looks. It will improve oral health and its functionality, too. It is a fully customized treatment package wherein it aids patients in various dental issues as long as it will restore their smiles. The content of the package is not all the same with everyone because it depends on the current situation your overall dental health is in. When you approach a dentist, try to ask them about the full mouth reconstruction.
There is a level lower to full mouth reconstruction, which is the reconstructive dentistry, it pertains to the set of procedures wherein it is designed for replacing missing teeth, correct faulty bites and improperly seated jaw joints, repair any damaged teeth, address the gum and jawbone damage, replace the worn-out dental work and in other cases, treat mouth diseases. Every procedure included into the reconstructive surgery may be done independently, but if there are several oral problems found, a full mouth reconstruction is then advised. Some of the procedures include one of the following:
- Implant dentistry – this is where dental implants are done to replace the missing teeth. Each of them is replicated from the crown to the root.
- Restorative dental treatments – this involves the application of dental bridges, crowns, inlays, inlays and fillings.
- Neuromuscular dentistry or TMD treatment – this is the correction of problems that involve the temporomandibular joints and its bite
- Cosmetic dentistry – gum re-countering, dental bonding, teeth whitening and porcelain veneers
- Orthodontics – generally involves retainers, expanders, spacers and traditional metal braces
- Bruxism treatments – this is a kind of therapy wherein it resolves teeth grinding and its associated symptoms
- Periodontal treatments – root planing, periodontal surgery and scaling
Who are qualified for it?
A patient seen with multiple issues with their oral health wherein it affects all or most of the supporting tissues and the teeth is highly a good candidate for the procedure. Patients that need extensive procedures with oral surgery must be healthy enough to get general or local anesthesia. Patients with special needs will have to seek out dentists that are experienced in handling cases that are similar to theirs.
While younger patients are recorded to respond readily to various treatments, not to mention able to recover from it right away, it is not always the case. Usually, when the patient is older in age, the risks involved with any medical procedure like dental related, can be very high. Due to this, the plans on treatment for the older patients may be less invasive. For example, patients that are over 80 years of age may get better with the application of mini dental implants instead of using the traditional ones.
Other than that, patients that have certain serious issues like heart problems, will need special considerations before they go through a full mouth reconstruction.